pallino
pallinooro

 1  2  3  >>

New Theater (Massimo Theater) - Festival Venue

Located in via Vaita Sant’Andrea, and furnished with 800 seats, the theater was built between 1853 and 1864 on the site of a religious convent that had previously been erected on Roman thermal baths of the 2nd century. The theater was designed by Ireneo Oleandri, with decorations by Luigi Masella and Vincenzo Gasassi (boxes), Francesco Coghetti (curtain), Cesare Bazzani (hall). The theater is connected to a small Museum with photographs, autographs, and several antiques.
Besides the Festival performances, the activities of the Experimental Opera Theater of Spoleto take place. Telephone: ++39-0743.40265
 

Caio Melisso Theater (Teatro Caio Melisso) - Festival Venue

Located in the Duomo Square, it was built in 1664 as the “Noble Theater” to confirm the ancient passion of the people of Spoleto for this art. Restored in 1880 by Giovanni Montiroli, presently the venue sits 300 people.
 

Roman Theater (Teatro Romano) - Festival Venue

Built in the 1st century a.C. to host 3,000 spectators, it collapsed, was overlaid and dismembered several times, till the latest restoration that began in 1938. The orchestra pit preserves its original marble flooring. The Festival of the Two Worlds returns every year to enliven it with its performances.
 

San Nicoḷ - Festival Venue

The monastery and church of the Augustinian friars were built at the beginning of the 16th century in Gothic style and were one of the main cultural centers of the town till the earthquake of 1767 that damaged the structures severely. Abandoned for more than two centuries, it was renovated and is actually used as a convention center.
 

San Simone - Festival Venue

Built by the Franciscan friars in the 13th century together with a convent, the church is enriched by a precious portal. Since the 19th century, it’s been suited for civilian purposes. The structure was recently renovated and is apt for shows and events.
 

Auditorium della Stella - Festival Venue

This auditorium was erected within the Church of St. Stefano and Tommaso that was built in the 17th century in Neoclassical style and completely renovated in 2005.
 

Fortress (Rocca) - Festival Venue

On Sant’Elia’s hill, dominating the town at an altitude of 453 mt. (1486 feet), in the 5th century there was an Acropolis, a worship centre that was cancelled during the Medieval age and grew once again in 1359 with the erection of the Fortress, wanted by Cardinal Albornoz to re-establish the papal power during the post-Avignon period. Home to the papal governors, among other major personalities it hosted Julius II and Lucrezia Borgia, governess of the Dukedom from 1499 to 1501. After 1817 it became a prison, active until 1983.
After a long restoration, today it hosts the Dukedom National Museum (Museo Nazionale del Ducato) with works dated 4th-15th century, a large hall and an outdoor theater seating up to 1,200.
It is also venue of the European School for Book Restoration and a Diagnostic Restoration Lab of the Arts and Culture Ministry. A park, a restaurant, guestrooms, and shops complete the complex structure.
 

 1  2  3  >>

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
FONDAZIONE CASSA CARISPO CASSE DEL CENTRO BANCA POPOLARE SPOLETO CREDITI UNICREDIT MONINI CEMENTIR MARTINI VANITY FAIR VOGUE AD TRAVELLER MINISTERO DEI BENI CULTURALI REGIONE UMBRIA PROVINCIA PERUGIA COMUNE SPOLETO Solgenia BARTOLINI Fondazione Sigma Tau poltrona Frau hotel Albornoz hotel dei duchi